Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Way to break my heart, kid!

As he screamed and clung to my neck for dear life, I wrestled with him to sit in his car seat! (Why? Why is he acting this way? This isn't typical!?) Kicking, pulling, pushing and twisting until he was standing in the seat, backwards, and then falling over the side into the backseat. (Holy crap! Why?)

C: "Da boo ja!"

Me: Bubba, I know. I'm sorry, but Mommy has to go to work. We said "bye bye" to doggie and now it's time to go to daycare and have breakfast. Do you want breakfast?

C: "Ja ma dabo!"

Me: What? Hunny, I love you, but I have to go to work today.

C: *cries, kicks, reaches*

As I finally strapped him into the seat, his crocodile tears were streaming down his face and neck. As he covered his mouth and looked at me. I know he was thinking, "How could you put me in here? I just want to hang with you outside with the "dawie!" Looking into his eyes, I saw my own sense of any confidence I had as a Mother, shatter into a million pieces. (Don't worry, I'll regain control soon and know that I am in fact a great Mom and the perfect Mother for C. But seriously, those moments are rough!)

I broke his heart for making him get in the car seat. Although he quickly recovered and was chatting and smiling as I walked him into daycare, my morning was ruined. My day, to be honest, was shot. I wanted so badly to stay home, go to a park and be able to experience "baby and me" yoga class while dreaming of sharing a cupcake under a shade tree.  (When in reality we both know he play and then skip a nap and be a #hotmess for the entirety of the afternoon!) But, today is Wednesday and I needed to go to work and he needed to go to daycare.

Before you judge a working Mom, take a minute to step into her shoes. #carryon

No comments:

Post a Comment