Sunday, May 22, 2016

#hashtagproblems

I totally spelled out the wrong #hashtag guys!

It wasn't a cute mistake or an embarrassing mistake, it was the kind of mistake that added fuel to an already raging fire in a strained relationship. (Ow-wee!) Where do you go from there? I have come up with 5 tips in case social media ever gets the best of you!


  1. Once the error is discovered. Fix that shit in a hurry!
  2. Explain the error (e. g. I was trying to save time in typing out the hashtag, read the pre-populated examples on the screen, picked one and ran with it. Repeat. I DIDN'T READ THE WHOLE DAMN HASHTAG!
  3. Get super defensive and stew on it all night, send nasty responses to the person who was offended because, well, you totally e'ffd up and they won't accept said apology. (To be fair, feelings get hurt and it can't be solved right away. This isn't how human emotion works. The damage was done, now you need to wait.)
  4. Get super upset-go home and bail on the fun evening plan to sleep. (Sleep is the best thing since sliced bread folks, and I don't even eat bread!)
  5. Draft your text the following day carefully, try and work it out and may the force be with you!

Read what you type before you upload because it isn't real unless it's on Facebook! #proofread #deerinheadlights #drama



No comments:

Post a Comment