I just read a link to a Huffington Post article titled: Drar Pre-Mom Self: It’s Time To Let You Go.
I admittedly clicked on the article in hopes of finding some good, "Way to go Moms! You rock today, Mom, and don't you forget it lady!" I guess I was looking for a pat on the back, but a big part of me still believes that the "pre-mom" me and the "post-mom me" are still one crazy lady. #mombie #hippiedippiemombie
What I found was an article that made me question why it was exactly that you can't be both? Don’t mistake me, I truly believe I am better for being C's Momma. I thank the Universe every day for letting me be his. However, I won't ever really stop becoming, well, me. It is also OK that you don’t agree with me or believe this is the “right” way to be a parent.
I went to a music festival for two days and two nights in June without C. I've been on countless date nights with my Hubby where C stayed with his Grammy and I just went on another overnighter to a concert with a friend. I work out, now, one night a week, it used to be 3 nights and I drop C off every Saturday morning with Grammy so I can work out as well. I love being able to still be me-I'm always me and I'm always a Mom.
What the article did do an excellent job at stating how often a woman can’t/won’t/doesn’t appreciate herself until looking back. In the open letter to her former self she gave her compliments and pointed out facts. For me, looking back, I can now fully appreciate ME and my “me-ness.” I simply am choosing to not look back and look through the rose colored glasses-I want them on now!
However, at the last over night concert which was a festival as well, I realized that most of the time I starred longingly at other Mommy's and Daddy's carting around their little ones and enjoying every minute of the festie. #jokesonme #eyeroll #life
Ultimately, as a mother, I make the choices that are best for my family AND myself. I simply believe being me-all versions-can and should coexist. That is all. #carryon
No comments:
Post a Comment